Thursday, 20 June 2013

Drugstore beauty buys!



I recently popped into Boots just to pick up some good old essentials, foundation and concealer to be exact...however for me it seems there is no such thing as 'popping into Boots to get a couple of things', I'll always leave with more than I actually went in for! 


£12.29 (Boots)

I have oily, combination skin and my foundation of choice in recent times is always the L'Oreal Infallible Foundation, it has a light and creamy texture that blends nicely. I'd say the coverage is light to medium, but is buildable to a semi-matte finish. It comes in a good colour range, with a good variety of shades, I wear shade 15/ Porcelain. 

The only things I would say is that firstly I am not convinced that this foundation will stay put for the 16+ hours it claims. It seems to get mixed reviews when it comes to staying power, but for me personally I get a good few hours wear from it, usually between 6-8.
Also because I do have skin that's on the oily side I find that I do need to wear a matte powder over the top, and be weary if you have any dry patches!

£4.19 (Boots)
Next on my list was concealer, and I'm sure you'll all recognise this little chap! The world and his wife seem to have this item, but for good reason. I've tried many concealers in my time but this one is the best. Collection, or Collection 2000 have been somewhat neglected in the beauty world in the past, but this thick and creamy concealer covers up redness, dark circles and blemishes brilliantly. Just be careful not to apply too much under your eyes as you may get creasing.
I suggest anyone who hasn't tried this gets their hands on it pronto!


£3.99 (Boots)

My weakness in the nail polish department is Red, I love having red nails especially the old fashioned phone box kind of red. I grabbed this Gelly Hi-Shine polish from Barry M. I adore this range, they apply easily and leave a high colour and shine finish. If there is one thing that Barry M do then it's colour, and there is definitely a shade (or two) for everyone!


£4.49 (Boots)
No matter what colour I've chosen to paint my hands and toes, I'll always apply a top coat. This just helps give your nails a bit of extra gloss and staying power. I've tried several brands but am really enjoying this Rimmel London Finishing Touch Ultra Shine, at the moment. It's really easy to apply, the large brush allows for one-stroke per nail application. Just ensure you leave suitable drying time! 

£2.79 (Boots)
Finally I picked up a new eyebrow pencil from Collection, I have Blonde hair so thought I'd give this a try. I've yet to use it so can't really say much but we'll see how it goes!

It's also worth a mention that Boots are doing Buy 1 and get the 2nd Half Price on selected cosmetics at the moment!
xx


1 comment: