Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Small Summer Haul: Brights!



Being so fair skinned I am the first to admit that I shy away from real bright or colourful clothing...mostly because the last thing I want to do is attract attention to my vibrant white skin as it contrasts against whatever it is that I'm wearing.
However, yesterday I decided that my wardrobe was looking a little dull and a little splash of colour was exactly what it needed. I popped into town with my sister for a little shopping spree and picked up the following: 




The first spot was good old Primark, or Primarni. I do find this store incredibly hit and miss, somedays you can fill your basket, and others you leave empty handed. Having said that I managed to pick up two lovely bright summer tops:

First I picked up this polka dot coral number, it's just a basic vest top but the bright colours, soft and light material makes it perfect for summer.
Primark polka dot vest: £3.50

Forgive the slight discolouring of my photos, I think my camera may be on its last legs :(
Secondly I grabbed this lovely floral blouse, I really love how the salmon tones contrast against the turquoise. The cut is incredibly flattering however the pleat at the front is open, so you will need to wear something underneath.

Primark floral blouse: £10.00

Now I've been after some new jeans since my beloved Topshop pair had to be thrown out, I decided to check out what Primark had to offer. I must say that when it comes to jeans Topshop will probably always have my heart, but at £38 a pair they don't come cheap. 
I grabbed this pair from the ultra-soft super skinny range, and I wasn't expecting much (sorry Primark). Now they aren't what I'd all the perfect pair of jeans, but they aren't awful either. They fit nicely, are the perfect length and are super comfy, for only £11 there's not much to fault with them. If anyone is looking for a comfortable pair of jeans that aren't going to break the bank then I recommend giving Primark a go! I'm not sure how long they'll last, but for £11 they are a total bargain that you can wear on summer walks, at the beach without fear of getting them dirty.

Primark jeans: £11

Okay so I may have then gone to Topshop to get my hands on a pair of jeans, however I did have a £25 voucher so this pair cost me the grand total of £7.40, yes a pair of fabulous Topshop jeans for £7.40!
These are the Joni Super High Waisted Skinny jeans, I wasn't sure at first as they don't have front pockets nor can you wear a belt, however as soon as I tried them on I fell in love. Style wise I'd say they look similar to disco pants, and the high waist is very flattering.

Topshop Joni jeans: £36 (Retail)

Finally I popped into H&M which is always good for basics, if you're looking for basic Tees or vests then H&M is the place to go. I picked up this floral strap top with button detailing for £9.99. The deep pink/purple contrasts the black rose print beautifully. I wouldn't say that it is a crop top, but it is on the shorter side when it comes to length.

H&M floral top: £.9.99
So there we have it, just a few items I picked up yesterday, I'm sure they wont all be to everyones taste but I hope you've enjoyed looking. I'd love you see what you guys have been buying to get your wardrobes ready for summer!
xx

8 comments:

  1. you got some lovely bits xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too! keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've just been to your blog, your photographs are beautiful! I think I need to get myself a better camera! XX

      Delete
  3. I'm sure all those pieces are going to look amazing on you, Sarah! Hey, I have white skin too, and I might follow your example and buy a few bright items - that's what summer is for, after all;-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria, you should definitely buy a couple of items just to see how it goes. A little colour can brighten even the dull summer days! :) xx

      Delete
  4. that polka dot top is a beaut! i might have to go purchase... thanks! (p.s your blog is cute) :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lara! I'm still pretty new to this blogging thing! You should definitely go and get one, we all love a Primark bargain! xx

      Delete