Thursday, 8 August 2013

21st Birthday!

Hi Guys!

I haven't posted on here for a week or so because I've been at the coast, every year me and my sister get to spend a week by the sea with our nearest and dearest to celebrate our birthday. This year we turned 21 (Yes I'm a twin), and although it wasn't a wild, crazy, got-so-drunk-that-I-can't-remember-a-thing kinda day, it was lovely.

Our swimming pool!


First of all the sun was out! Which in August is usually a miracle, so after being woken up early by my best friend's younger sister, we all piled into the lounge (Still in pj's/ holding duvets) whilst me and Charlie began to open our cards and gifts. I've put a couple of pictures on here of some of the things I was lucky enough to be given, I'm not intending to do the whole 'OMG Look at me, and all this stuff I got for my birthday!!'. I just like having a nose at what other people get, so I thought you guys might like a nose too!..

I love these candles!
Beautiful ring from my parents!


Chocolate is always good!

So very lucky!

Beautiful gift from my best friends family!

So after all presents had been opened, and handed round for all to see, we packed our towels, drinks and suncream - off to the beach. Now three amazing things happened here: 
1 - I got my legs out, now anyone who knows me will understand this. I NEVER get my legs out, as I am so pasty I could give Caspar a run for his money.
2 - I didn't have any make-up on. Again, it sounds incredibly vain but I have a love/hate relationship with my skin. Well mostly hate, in fact I can't remember a time when I looked at my skin and thought it looked okay.
3 - I went swimming in the sea. This last happened many years ago!

Now these may all sound totally insignificant and stupid to you, but to me these are big things. Maybe I went all crazy and wild for my birthday! 

After several hours swimming, splashing and sunbathing we made our way home again, and after washing the salt and sand away in a nice cool shower it was BBQ time! Homemade burgers, kebabs and cocktails all went down a treat! Perhaps one of my favourite things was my cake (Me and my sister had a cake each), I am a huge fan of the Victoria Sponge and think it is terribly underrated! As Happy Birthday was sung, out comes this huge Victoria Sponge cake, complete with butter icing, strawberries and grapes! It had been homemade by my best friend, and her younger sisters. It was so lovely!! I found it so thoughtful that not only had they picked my favourite type of cake, but that they had take the time to bake, and decorate it. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture as we were all too impatient to eat it! 


Pimms O' Clock!

In the evening we all went out to listen to a live band, and have a few drinks, then a few more drinks....The evening ended with drunken hide and seek, and jumping through windows. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday, and am so thankful that I spent it with the ones I love.
If it's your birthday soon, or it has just been, I hope you have/had a truly lovely day too!

Best wishes xx

1 comment:

  1. happy (belated) birthday! it is mine on wednesday so i shall be hopefully writing a similar post after. those candles look amazing and i've been lusting after a pandora ring for a while now xx

    ReplyDelete