Friday, 6 December 2013

A touch of vintage love...


As mentioned previously, I am in the process of revamping my bedroom. The first thing on my list was a new bed, that has been ordered and is due to arrive on Tuesday. (I am more excited than I probably should be about this!)

My next mission was to find a wardrobe... Now I wouldn't say that I'm fussy, but I knew what I wanted. After trawling through various catalogues, without much luck, I decided to look elsewhere.
Charity shops are an amazing place to go if you are looking for something a little unique. Now, I must admit that in the past I have been a little sceptical of 'second-hand purchasing'. (We all have this vision of charity shops selling random bits of tat that smell funky.)

How wrong I was.... If you are prepared to look around with an open mind you can find some absolute gems. After a few weeks of searching I found my wardrobe. As soon as I saw it I fell in love, it is not too big, but not too small. A real classic design that can be brought back to life with a lick of paint.



Outside is plain, nothing really to dislike. The curvature of the door adds an elegant touch, whilst the handle and lock are nice, original features, adding a vintage vibe.


Inside there are no shelves, and two rails run from front to back on each side, with a hat or coat hook in the middle.



My mission for the weekend is to sand down the wood to a nice, even finish and paint the whole thing a matte cream so it matches the rest of my furniture.



I purchased my wardrobe from a local Sue Ryder shop, it cost me the grand total of £30. A complete bargain, with the money going to a good cause.
If you're after something to furnish your home with I really recommend visiting charity shops! 
I shall update you all when it is finished.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment