Sunday, 22 December 2013

Pre-midlife Crisis: Feeling lost.




I was in two minds about whether or not to write this post, but then I thought, sometimes you’ve just gotta get these things off your chest!

I’m not sure if it might just be post-holiday blues, but recently I’ve been feeling a little lost, or ‘blah’ as some might say. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not quite in a state of “eating a full tub of ice-cream depression”, but I can feel myself asking ‘What am I doing?’.

Since graduating from university I have found living back at home a little difficult. Of course I love my family, but when you’ve become accustomed to living in your own house, and having your own routine, it can be hard to adjust to living back home again.
I spent so long preparing myself to move away from home for the first time, that I didn’t even consider what it would be like moving back.

On the one hand I want to shake myself and say ‘For goodness sake you’re only 21, there is nothing for you to feel unsettled or unhappy about!!’. So far, my journey into the big, wide world has been relatively smooth. I’ve got all my friends close by once more, and I’ve just been offered a paid position doing a job I love.

But on the other hand, there is this overwhelming sense of anxiety. The constant need to question if I’m making the right choices, or travelling in the right direction.

I’m just curious, is there anyone else who feels/ has felt the same? Or am I already on the path to being a crazy cat lady?!



For now I shall sit here watching SATC, eating this big bag of popcorn. It seems the only suitable solution…

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment