Saturday, 28 December 2013

What's in my bag?






I’ve never really been a bag person, until I met this little beauty on a cold winter night in New York. I don’t know if I was high on holiday spirit, or overwhelmed by being in Macy’s but Selma stole my heart.





The bag is exactly what I was looking for, classic and elegant. The understated style matches with anything and everything! It really is my dream bag, and one I shall treasure for a long time to come.



First of all, I never leave the house without my purse. Inside live my ID, bankcards, and all those other random items that you seem to collect over time!

One thing I rarely have in my purse is cash, shamefully I’ve become so used to having those little plastic cards that I just use them all the time. Perhaps by not handing over actual notes I feel less guilty when I’m overspending slightly – bad, I know!




Then there are the other cards, the ones that have crept in over the years and have never left. Nando’s card, and the Boots card are standard purse supplies.

Tucked away in a side pocket I have a St John Ambulance first aid guide. It gives instructions on how to treat things such as choking, bleeding, heart attacks and dealing with an unconscious person.
 The story behind this is somewhat odd, whilst I was away at university my best friend would send me random things in the post. Most of them were freebies, I got all sorts from baby food to Muppets cereal box stickers. One day this pocket sized guide arrived and it has been with me ever since.  I never intended to keep it, but no matter what bag or purse I happen to be using, it is always there. Just in case I suppose.




Next is my phone, this trusty little guy is never far away. Another thing I like to have with me is my I-pod. Sometimes on a long trip your phone will run out of juice, and you need a little music fix.





A few basic cosmetics live in here. Nothing too exciting, but I find it is always handy to carry around a mirror, good concealer, lip-gloss and blush just to top up my make-up during the day.




Finally there are miscellaneous items. Firstly my diary, I carry this everywhere. It is so handy just to glance at to see if there is a birthday coming up, to jot down notes and count how many days there are until the next holiday! Paracetamol is always handy too; you never know when that dreaded headache will strike. Last, but not least, chewing gum. For that little sugar pick-me-up if you’re feeling a little ‘meh’.



So there we have it, not quite Aladdin’s cave, but I hope you liked having a peek inside my bag! I think you can tell a lot about a person from what they carry around!

I’d love to know what you can’t leave the house without? Or if you found a bag that stole your heart as well?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment